Over the years I have seen countless real estate investors who do not have a website for their business. In almost all cases, the real estate investors have no clue if a website is important for them or not. Lots of them happen to not even understand what this website thing is all about. Others think only the big fortune 500 companies can have websites.
So: should your real estate investing business have a website or not?
What is a website?
As basic as this sounds, it is important to understand what a website is. If you are reading this article, you are looking at a website. A website gives you a virtual presence online, where you can engage visitors that want to learn about you or your business and probably do business with you. And sometimes this will happen even without meeting you in person.
Every website you see out there has three things:
1) Domain name – this is the name that identifies you on the world wide web, such as myname.com. Each domain name is unique and can only be registered once. Before getting a website, it’s a good idea to think about what name you would like for your business. It is easy to research online if a domain is taken or not.
When you buy a website, you can register a domain, or register it separately.
2) Hosting account – this is the physical location where the website is located. The physical location is usually a server. In most cases you will not have to think about this when looking for a real estate investor website, because it will come bundled with the website you buy.
3) The website – these are the virtual files that you see. The information you see when you go to a website is served by these files. Whenever you order your real estate investor website, chances are that you will not be bothered by all this technical stuff.
It is important to understand the 3 components above because you might have to buy each one separately. Usually one order will take care of all of them if you are lucky.
So, should you or should you not have a website for your real estate investing business ?
We live in the internet age where almost everyone starts their search on the internet. The internet is the first place a motivated seller will look when they are looking to sell their house.
If you are looking to buy a house, even before you get a realtor, most likely your search will begin online.
It goes without saying that your real estate investing business will be exposed to more people if you have an online presence. It is an invaluable tool for real estate investing that works to boost your profits without giving you more work.
How do you know if a website is good for real estate investing?
Just an online presence if not enough for real estate investing. Most websites out there are just simple and informational. An informational website rarely engages its visitors beyond providing simple information. But you need a lot more than this.
A good website must promote your business and make you more money. Here are a few qualities a good real estate investor website must have:
1) Attract leads – obviously it is critical to attract new people to do business with to be successful. A good real estate investor website needs to be able to attract leads through the search engines. It must therefore be well optimized for search engines. The higher your website appears on search engine results, the more visitors you are likely to receive. You do not get a top position automatically – Advanced SEO is necessary to achieve a commanding position.
Search engine optimization is a wide topic on itself, but briefly, what this means is that the content on every page should be clearly recognizable through specific keywords by the search engines, and by real people. For instance when you google “pizza delivery near me”, your results will be pizza outlets near you that offer home delivery. Do not expect to see card dealers in the results. This is because the websites and businesses relevant for that keyword relate to pizza.
You will also notice that you will receive a few hundred results, starting with the top match to the last match. Most likely, you will respond to one of the top matches on your search results. The top performers are not there by accident; they have specifically worked hard to get there – hence they get more business.
Real estate investing is guided by the same principle. Good SEO is likely to make you lots of money for years to come.
2) It must have clear call to action – The primary target of a good real estate investing website is to get every visitor perform a specific action on your website, such as signing up (such as to get an EBook, submitting their house information, etc). You must be clear on what actions you want them to take.
3) It must be equipped to convert those leads to people who are ready to do business with you – when someone signs up on your website, they must be engaged with a promise to fulfill their needs. A website equipped with a video speaking model for example will capture instant attention and keep the visitor engaged until they sign up.
Once they sign up the website must have inbuilt autoresponders to follow up with them hands off with pre-timed email messages. This builds rapport and trust and converts them from being cold leads to closed real estate deals.
4) Easy to use – even someone new to computers must be able to control the website, preferably from a virtual back office. You do not have to mess with stuff like HML, PHP, etc. A good website gets the job done nice and easy, no fuss.
5) It should make your work easy – having a good real estate investor website does not mean you spend your life with your website. It should make your business easier, such as automating follow-ups, making offers, selling, wholesaling or renting houses, etc. A website should reduce your work and allow you to do more deals.
6) Adaptable – a good real estate investing website must allow you to easily adapt it to suit any business model. You do not need to buy a new website whenever you change business models or whenever you have a new idea. Preferably, the website should allow you to make any changes yourself without having to hire someone else.
7) Customizable – a good website should come loaded with hundreds of customizable designs, and the ability to customize everything on the website.. All content and forms must also be fully customizable.
8) Real estate friendly – Your website must be built from the ground up for real estate investing, after all you are in the real estate investing business. It should have all the features necessary to manage a successful real estate investing business such as listing houses, managing buyers lists, attracting and Managing leads, and so on
This short summary should guide you when you are looking for a good real estate investor website. And yes – you must have a website for your real estate investing business. This is the internet age.
In order to have a successful real estate investing business, an effective website is a must. A website that runs your business for you. A website that allows you to close more deals by automating your daily tasks giving you an edge over your competition.
A website from RealEstateInvestingWebsites.com gives you an automation capability that nobody can match. You get a simple direct response website that is interactive, one that speaks directly to your audience. A website built to compel your visitors to complete a call to action – leading to more closed deals.
You get a website you can use for any business model in real estate investing – buying or selling houses, renting houses, wholesaling houses, looking for private money, or any other business models. In fact your website adapts to pretty much any business you can think of. All this from a simple virtual back office. Oh, and you do not need to be good with computers.
Whenever you need, you can change existing content, or create new pages and content. Each website comes loaded with hundreds of responsive designs. You can switch designs any time with a single click of the mouse.
When you receive your website, it is delivered customized uniquely for you, ready for business TODAY. Most importantly, you get a website that attracts leads hands off. A website equipped with marketing tools that convert these visitors to prospects that take action. These prospects are then converted to closed deals by carefully written follow-up autoresponder messages.
Your website ends up delivering more closed deals, at the same time saving you money, effort and time.